In the post on A-line Cape Designing I had discussed the steps to making a cape pattern and stitching an unlined cape. In today’s post I am outlining the steps to stitching a cape with a lining.
The choice of having a lining or not is dependent on your fabric of choice. You will require a lining in the following scenarios:
– if the fabric’s back side is not pretty enough to be exposed
– the backside of an embroidered fabric hurts the skin
– the fabric is too thin to stand on it’s own
– the fabric is thin and the garment below is visible
– if you want the lining as an added design feature.