Lately I have been experimenting with makeup, especially eye makeup. The easiest way to change your look is to play with the eyes. In my last beauty post I discussed gel eyeliners and today I will talk about eyes shadows. I will be sharing video links to help you learn the basics, the smokey eyes and a few experimental looks.
Below is a list of 7 must-see videos and a few additional ones for further reference are linked too. Enjoy!
1. FIGURE OUT YOUR EYESHAPE
This video by Smashbox cosmetics has by far been the most helpful in my search of finding out my eye shape. You can further see their videos on eye shadows for different eye shapes.
2. BEGINNER EYE MAKEUP
Sineady gists the entire basics of eye makeup. I have shared below more detailed videos on certain topics.
3. EYE MAKEUP BRUSHES DETAILED
Makeup brushes are an important tool to invest in. In this video Pallavi of Glamrs.com explains the various important eye makeup brushes to own and the right way to use them.
4. EYESHADOW PLACEMENT DETAILED
A slightly long video but Wayne’s demo of placing the three eye shadow shades – light on eyelid, medium in socket and darker in the outer corner, is just the perfect basics to create varied looks.
5. DRAMATIC EVENING LOOK
Sineady shows us a dramatic eye look. You can use any colour palette of your choice to create a similar look. To see a tutorial also using an eyeliner check this video.
6. SHIMMER EYESHADOW LOOKS FOR INDIANWEAR
Pallavi demonstartes a smart silver eyeshadow look for an Indian wedding function. You should also check this video, Pallavi has shown a gold eye makeup tutorial that is evergreen and can be worn with any Indian ethnic outfit.
7. EASY SMOKEY EYE
Lisa creates an easy smokey eye using an eye shadow stick. This is the easiest way to dress up your eyes.
1. Blend, blend, blend. The key to a smooth eye shadow look is blending.
2. Invest in good brushes. The M.A.C 217 brush is highly recommended for blending. Buy a good flat brush to build the colour on the lid.
3. Prepping your skin before eye makeup is important. Use correctors and concealers to cover any unevenness in skintone. Check this video.
4. Trial and error. You will have to check which eye shadow colours suit your skintone and eye shape best. A nude palette and golden eyeshadows suit most Indian skintones in general. But experiment to create various looks.
5. Keep a wet wipe handy to wipe the brush between colours.
6. Hold a tissue just below your eye to prevent any eye shadow fall off from spoiling your facial makeup. Check Teni’s video for a demo.You could even try doing the eye makeup first and then do rest of the face, check this video.
The videos above cover all the basic steps and styles of eyeshadow application. Hope you have fun trying out various looks using all the tips and tricks you have learnt through them. Let me know! 🙂